Metals Additive Manufacturing is one of the most hyped innovations in the manufacturing world today. If we are to believe all the rhetoric, then soon every component will be produced as required on an army of flexible machines. But the truth is somewhat different. ‘Plastic’ additive is now quite commercialised since its invention in the 1980’s but metal additive is still an emerging technology albeit with great potential.
At this unique Vernier event you will be able to:
- Understand the historical development of both plastic and metal additive processes.
- Appreciate the between ‘plastics’ and ‘metals’ additive manufacturing
- Understand the different technologies being developed in metals additive manufacturing
- Appreciate why Victoria is one of the leading centres for metals additive
- Understand the industries and applications that are best suited to metal additive processes
- Meet and question our guest speakers who are at the forefront of metals additive in Australia
Professor Milan Brandt, Technical Director of RMIT’s Advanced Manufacturing Facility
John Barnes, Director, High Performance Metal Industries, Manufacturing Flagship, CSIRO
Mike Brown MD of Renishaw PLC, UK’s leading maker of metals additive machines
Who should attend?
- Managing Directors, Production Directors, Design and Development Engineers, Purchasing Officers and Manufacturing Engineers
- Engineers; past present or future that has a technical interest in innovation and new technologies
- Anyone who cares passionately about the future of manufacturing in Australia.
Don’t miss this great knowledge gaining event and outstanding networking opportunity. Reserve your place now as numbers are strictly limited.
[fancy_title style=”1″ align=”left” heading_style=”h1″ title_color=”#999″ title_lines_color=”#eee”]Special Event Details[/fancy_title]
When: October 9th 2014 from 12:30pm until 4pm
Price: Only $90 including a 2 course lunch
Where: Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club, 489 Glenferrie Road Kooyong
RSVP: To secure your attendance, please contact Peter Murie on 0419106765 or firstname.lastname@example.org