You are cordially invited by The Victorian Vernier Society for Lunch on Thursday the 13th of July @ 12:30pm at The Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club, 489 Glenferrie Rd, Kooyong.
An excellent lunch will be served. The meeting will close around 3:00pm.
Improved Networking is to be implemented by starting the meeting at 12.15 and have committee members act as host to introduce people around. This will be “Speed Networking” managed by Charles.
For Friends of Vernier and general admission guests, please book using Humantix : https://events.humanitix.com/vernier-on-july-13-2023
Our speakers will be:
PhD candidate researching high strength hollow-strut metal lattices, advancing the mechanical envelope for cellular materials in Mechanical Engineering and Additive Manufacturing.
Zefeng (Ricky) Wu
PhD Candidate from the RMIT Centre for Additive Manufacturing at RMIT University.
Ricky was awarded a Master of Engineering in Manufacturing and graduated from RMIT University.
Ricky has previously worked as a quality control professional in the manufacturing industry.
Ricky’s passion for scientific research is inspired by his postgraduate study in Manufacture Engineering and the exposure to Additive Manufacturing during his time at RMIT University.
Timothy Herzog, Bachelor of Science, and a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours).
Timothy Herzog PhD candidate at RMIT university, researching in-situ monitoring and detection methods for identifying the formation of metallurgical defects in Laser-Powder Directed Energy Deposition (a form of metal 3D printing).
Following these presenters, we will have the annual general meeting of the Victorian Vernier Society followed by the annual general meeting of the Vernier Foundation.
- The agenda for the Society AGM is : AGM Agenda 2023.doc
- The previous minutes for the Society are : AGMMinutes2022.docx
- The Agenda for the Foundation AGM is : 2023 AGM Vernier Foundation Agenda 22062023.docx
- The previous minutes for the Foundation AGM are : minutes of AGM 2022 JP.docx
- The proposed new constitution for the Foundation is: Vernier Foundation Constitution V2.2.pdf
Please advise by 5:00pm on Friday 7th of July if you plan to attend.
Our future program:
- 10 August
- Richard Garrett – Fusion Energy
- 14 September
- Rod Sims – Former chair of the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC)
- Polly Hemming – Director of the Australia Institute’s Climate & Energy program
- 12 October
- Andrew Higginbotham – Carbon Revolution