Dear Members and Friends,
You are cordially invited by The Victorian Vernier Society for lunch on Thursday the 11th August @ 12:30 for 1:00 pm at The Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club, 489 Glenferrie Rd, Kooyong.
This is a face to face meeting where an excellent meal and drinks will be served. The meeting will close around 3:00pm.
Bookings for Vernier Members will, as always, be by response to this email. Our total allowed attendance is 43 so book in early.
For Friends of Vernier and guests please book using Try-Booking : https://www.trybooking.com/CBSBU
Please advise by Tuesday 9th August if you plan to attend.
Alan has worked in the sustainable energy and environment fields since the late 1970s for community groups, government and the private sector.
While working for the Victorian government in the 1980s, he helped develop and implement programs such as the Home Energy Advisory Service, public information and education, appliance energy labelling and mandatory building insulation regulations.
Since 1991, Alan has been an environmental consultant, and has been involved in building energy and environmental rating and regulation, green building projects, educational software, green appliance development, industrial and business energy and environmental management, and policy analysis in Australia and, more recently, the Asia-Pacific region.
Alan is a highly regarded analyst, consultant and commentator on sustainable energy and climate policy, and has written or peer reviewed many articles in specialist media such as The Conversation, Energy Policy and ReNew magazine, as well as other academic journals, chapters of books and major reports.
Alan was made a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in 2009 for his contribution to environmental and energy policy. He has also received a number of awards from industry associations and RMIT media awards.
POTENTIAL PRODUCT TYPES AND USES
- Grid-connected containerised batteries for powering construction equipment, including tower cranes.
- Skid-based containers with batteries and optional solar panels to be transported by truck or helicopter into emergency situations where grid power can not be relied upon, or to reduce use of diesel or petrol generators.
- Trailer-mounted battery and solar panels for use wherever portable diesel or petrol generators can be replaced, including:
– emergency services in remote locations
– during grid outages caused by emergencies
– by tradies on construction sites
– outdoor festivals
- Work-site amenities/admin huts with batteries and optional solar panels for use on construction sites.
Our future speaker program is:
- 8 September – TBA
- 3 November – The Vernier Foundation Note the date Change
- 8 December – Dinner with the Stars
Lock them in your diary now.